Sunday 24 July 2011

Climbing on Friday

Lovely day and Andrew invites me out for some local climbing, only a couple of miles from home and a crag known as Aztec tower. Here is the view from the foot of the crag looking back to Gairloch and the sea.

As I'm new to this Andrew goes first to put in the protection, I go second and take it all out as I climb past it. First climb set ready for me to go up.
At the bottom of our third climb, it will be my hardest yet, glad I go second, can't see many good hand or foot holds here.
Ready to go again, my first HVS  (hard very severe), not really that hard in climbing terms these days, but I would not want to do anything harder until I'm more experienced.

The top, just need to abseil to the bottom again. A grand afternoon out and so near to home.

No comments: